Holoprojector is made from a piece of six inch pvc. A heat gun was used on the top to flex the surface area in to meet the small tube underneath (4 inch) We then used bondo glass to fill in the bumps in the surface.
Feet are attached. and the computer program and basic xbox control program is built. This version of program attempted to use the Xbox crosshair controls for basic steering. It was not multi threaded so if you played a sound it would lock out the motor controls till the sound was done playing (fixed in later revisions).
Around May of 2008 I started cutting out the base shapes. The first pieces where the side and foot panels.
If you look closely at the picture to the left I began thinking about how I was going to lay out the inside space of the droid from the beginning. There are main areas inside T3 the top chest and the bottom flat panel.